Welcome to Miss Shawn's Studio.

"Come enjoy the work of some of my students as they learn to visualize, draw, paint and appreciate the fine art of painting."

Shawn Farley Black


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tricia Guild is one of my favorite designers

I love Tricia Guild.  An amazing fabric and wallpaper designer who started the Designers Guild in  in 1970.  Her patterns and color are a true inspiration for me.  I love looking over her latest book  'Tricia Guild Pattern', I think it came out a year or two ago.  Published by Rizzoli, New York.  It is true eye candy.  If you can grab a copy somewhere you will squeal with delight. Her juxtaposition of color and pattern are fun, creative, fearless and energetic.  Not to mention the incredible European (pre-WWII) rooms they are set in.  You can see her work at designersguild.com.  You must look at her 'wallpaper' and 'essentials' collection.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

LGMarshall said...

love your web site.... thanks for doing all this so we can see all this amazing art and inspiring objects... luv, leslie.

Miss Shawn said...

I'm glad you like it!