Welcome to Miss Shawn's Studio.

"Come enjoy the work of some of my students as they learn to visualize, draw, paint and appreciate the fine art of painting."

Shawn Farley Black


Sunday, July 4, 2010

Flower Sculptures

  A very sweet couple we just met gave us this bouquet from their wedding reception. They had these flower sculptures at all the tables.  I had to take pictures.  What a masterpiece of color and texture.  I may do a painting after this in a somewhat abstract color field.  I don't know, maybe a painting would never do the original creation justice.   We'll see.
 Though these images did get me thinking of a beautiful little piece one of my younger students painted.  It was one of her first pieces and I love its simplicity and color.  I especially like the halo effect around the head of the hydrangea and the ruffles around the leaves. 
 Children see things in a simplified, clean way.  They see shapes without thinking about them.

No comments: