Welcome to Miss Shawn's Studio.

"Come enjoy the work of some of my students as they learn to visualize, draw, paint and appreciate the fine art of painting."

Shawn Farley Black


Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Zoey's Friends and Self-Portrait

    I love these two pieces.  The one right above is a self-portrait by Zoey (which is her first one ever....Zoey is 11 years old) and the piece at the top is a portrait of Zoey's friends.  I love Zoey's self portrait for its mono chromatic simplicity.  It really does look like her as you will see later.  She worked from a mirror in charcoal on canvas board.  I was going to have her do a full color portrait but when she got to this point both her Mom and I thought it was just perfect as it was.  The piece is an 11+14 oil and charcoal on canvas.  I think it is one of her best.
   The painting above is a gift Zoey did for her friend.  The girls are all going to different schools next year and her friend ask Zoey to do a portrait of them so she would have it as a keepsake.  Zoey worked from a photo of the girls (Zoey is in the middle) and we kept it more a characterization of the girls.  She really enjoyed doing it......and I just love the freckles.

1 comment:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

What a talented young lady!