Welcome to Miss Shawn's Studio.

"Come enjoy the work of some of my students as they learn to visualize, draw, paint and appreciate the fine art of painting."

Shawn Farley Black


Monday, May 24, 2010

A Difficult Still Life

Dr. S is working on a new painting.  A still life.......cups and saucers.  Which is actually quite difficult considering the proportion of the saucers.  We set up an actually still life.  He is doing the charcoal drawing first before we move into laying in the oil on canvas.  He is very exact and careful in his work which I admire.  His last piece........'Still life of a Lemon' came out beautiful.............I love the use of light...he captured it perfectly.

1 comment:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I love the pieces your students are doing! I love the orchid and have been admiring it for the past few weeks!